1. The students all get pom-poms upon arrival to the campus as a freshman.
2. The Basket is apparently the best dining in town.
3. Their roads must be smooth as ever... I paid a gazillion dollars in tolls to get there from NYC.
4. In Dover, when there's a fire, the siren lets the WHOLE TOWN know. That thang was loud as heck. I think they called EVERY fireman in Delaware.
5. They're the first place I've performed where during my Q&A, instead of asking questions about me and my work, a student rose their hand and asked "Can I perform my poem?" He was pretty good too!
1. They have trollies to take you around campus. That beats an MTA Bus ANY DAY
2. The founder of the school, Dr. Bonnie Cone, is actually buried on campus. You can pay your respects in the Van Landingham Gardens behind Fretwell and at the corner of Mary Alexander and Van Landingham Glen. (Kinda creepy though!)
3. The University has their own movie theater on campus, complete with a concession stand.
4. A UNC Charlotte student won the ultimate fan contest for BET’s 106 & Park video countdown show. I saw him on TV right before I performed in the Student Union Norms
5. OMG, they have an Apple store & a hair salon in the student union. Why leave the school grounds???
1. There's a campus-wide policy to hold the door for others. I mean EVERYONE, guys & girls all do it. It's quite refreshing not to have someone slam a door in your face.
2. The college has it's own Snuggie with their logo on it!!! It's called a Scratuggie
3. Their Psychology department is awesome. They tried really hard to talk me into getting my Master's here. (Sorry, I need an international airport nearby.
4. The Holiday Inn I stayed is a rennovated Train Station.
5. They have a STARBUCKS and a CHIK-FIL-A in their student center. Need I say more?