1) KSU is the last school that Civil Rights Activist Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. spoke at before he was assassinated.
2) It's located in the city affectionately known as "The Little Apple." Prior to performing there, I had no clue there was a Manhattan, KS, which greatly differs from the dense, intense Manhattan, NY. The people are a LOT nicer than my fellow New Yorkers.
3) There's a statue of a "spork" in front of King Hall. It's supposed to be a cat's paw in reference to the KSU Wildcats, but you be the judge.
4) Eric Stonestreet from one of my favorite TV shows "Modern Family" visits KSU on occassion. He's a former student!
5) During anti-war protests in 1968, Nichols Gym (now Nichols Hall) was burned down. It was part of a string of arson attempts as student opposition to the Vietnam War grew. It was reconstructed in the 1980s.