While browsing through articles from a music digest I subscribe to, I came across this. I think it gives EXCELLENT advice for artists. To all my hyper-sensitive Christians, no, I don't find it blasphemous. It creatively makes 10 great points. :)
1. Thou Shalt Not Worship False Prophets - Neither a record deal or auto-tune are your saviors.
2. Thou Shalt Worship Only One God - He (or she) is called The Fan.
3. Thou Shalt Giveaway Free Music - Like Jesus and the loaf of bread, give your flock a gift that multiplies as they pass it around.
4. Thou Shalt Not Steal - Borrowing a beat is one thing, but stealing…
5. Thou Shalt Blog - Your flock wants to know what you’re doing.
6. Thou Shalt Create Profiles - Wherever your flock may go, you must be there.
7. Thou Shalt Upload Photos - Staged, unstaged, backstage, from the stage and at every stage of a project.
8. Thou Shalt Upload Videos - Longs Ones. Shorts Ones. Tall ones…you get the idea.
9. Thou Shalt Share Thy Bounty - Share gigs. Share ideas. Share with your fans.
10. Do Unto Others As You Would Have Others Do Unto You - You meet the same people on the way down that you did on the way up.
By: Nis Bogvad
Original Article: http://nisbogvad.wordpress.com/2009/07/06/the-10-commandments-of-music-2-0/