1) The University was built on the site of an old plantation. There are slave cabins on campus.
2) Wednesday is Chicken Day in the cafeteria. I don't know what they put in their chicken, but the lines are always out the door on a Wednesday with students and staff alike. People actually have fought for a piece of chicken.
3) It's considered the least expensive college in the state. At $4,240 for residents and $8,312.50 for non-residents per semester, it seems like a good deal. (Tuition at my alma mater is $28,000 per year.)
4) The college give students a Reading Day to study. Most students use it to get some R&R...in otherwords, they party. lol.
5) Campus cats are known to jump out of trash cans and battle squirrels. Gangsta.